Thursday, October 23, 2014

Bath Time Battles Solved

Aaron hates bathtime.
This is a huge change from when we couldn't get him OUT of the bath, 
and he'd sit in the drained tub freezing to death but refuse to leave.

This past week, bath time = 
screaming, 
crying, 
and flailing 
all to avoid the bath.

One night I got in the tub with him and bathed him while he stood there crying.

However, not wanting to do that every night, I looked to the internet to help. 
Enter: Pinterest.   
Solution: Bath paint!


 While there are many kinds of bath paint (most popular being with shaving cream), 
I opted for baby shampoo because it wouldn't sting his eyes. 
1/3 cup baby shampoo + 1 Tbs cornstarch 
Divided amongst an ice cube tray 
and 1 drop of food coloring per cube. 
(This is where I also learned I'm nearly out of red, good to know for Christmas!)



For the first time in a while, I was able to do a full scrub down (face included!) 
without one chirp of protest.
Of course, he eventually dumped the whole thing in the tub, 
at which point it looked like he was bathing in the ganges. 
But it washed down the drain just fine with no residue.
MOMMY WIN.
Excuse me while I go take a victory lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment