Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mom Hacks: StitchFix

When I became a mom, I lost one of my favorite hobbies: 
shopping at the mall. 
As my body changed 
(read: got a helluva lot bigger) 
and I continued to purge my closet of not-appropriate-mom-attire
(goodbye, faded jean mini skirt)
I had less and less and less clothes to wear. 

I tried to tackle this problem the same way 
that I tackled buying baby gear and Christmas gifts: 
ONLINE. 
Unfortunately, I am a LOUSY online shopper. 
What looks good on the air-brushed anorexic model
most definitely does NOT look good on me. 
Shocker, I know.

So my wardrobe suffered and I was frustrated. 


Enter: StitchFix



StitchFix is an online personal shopper. 
Sounds expensive, right?  
It's really isn't.

Here's how it works:
1. You sign up (see link at bottom of post). 


2. You fill out an extensive style profile.  
This isn't just your measurements, this is how you like clothes to fit, what parts of your body you like to show off, dressing habits, color, material, etc.  You can even link to your pinterest board for inspiration.
This also includes a section on pricing, where you enter your ranges. 
My price ranges look like this:
Accessories: cheaper the better,
Shirts & Bottoms: $50-$100,
Dresses: $100-$150.


3. You choose when you want your box to arrive. 
You don't have to sign up for a box immediately. 
You can fill out your style profile and wait a while, if you want.
This place is popular so lead times are up to 2 months!
If you love it, you can sign up for reoccurring boxes (like I have), 
but I'd say do a test box first.


4. Your box is assembled  
(usually less than a week before your selected delivery date) 
and your credit card is charged $20 ("styling fee").


5. Your box arrives at your house with 5 items. 
This is the FUN part! 
You try on the items in the comfort of your own home, 
with all of your wardrobe at your fingertips.




6. Within 3 days, return the items you don't want. 
They include a postage-paid bag in your box that you just drop off at the Post Office. 


7. Check-out online and give your feedback. 
They ask you to rate everything and give specific feedback. 
For anything you buy, they apply your $20 "styling fee"to the item first
If you buy all 5, you get 25% off!  WOW!
The feedback is important because they definitely learn. 
My first box, I kept 2 items. 
My second box, I kept 1 item.
My third box, I kept ALL FIVE!
My coworker tried it and she kept all 5 the first time!
So if you're interested, use my link below 
(I get $25 if you sign up, so help a mama out): 
I hesitated to include a photo, because ...
"ick, if someone looks at this photo, they will NEVER sign up" 

but a post without a photo is just... words. 
So here's a photo of me in one my lacy StitchFix shirts 
(lace over super-soft-jersey-material)
and my amazeball soft StitchFix skinny jeans. 
Plus my office plant (that won't die) and random boxes of old 
finance crap that I need to archive.  
If you want to see actual GOOD photos, 
head on over to the SitchFix Pinterest board here.




Other critical comments: 
Wow, my rosacea really shows up in the office light.


No comments:

Post a Comment