Friday, November 14, 2014

Football Fumbles


"He did WHAT?" 



The perk of leaving my mommy blog for a random-thoughts blog, 
is that I can post about football without feeling like I'm betraying my blog "theme". 
(Because I have no theme - FREEDOM!)

Per the usual, I'm a week late to the party, 
but I FINALLY watched the clip of the Utah player dropping the ball before the end zone, 
and the Oregon player running it back for a touchdown. 

If you haven't seen it (and you actually understand/appreciate football), 
I highly recommend you check it out.

It is SUBSTANTIALLY more hilarious than the DeSean Jackson fumble in 2008, 
which, if you want to relive, is here: 

The worst was prob being against the Cowboys. 
Like, ouch. Ouch ouch ouch. 
As an Eagles fan, it doesn't get much worse than that.


Anyway... 
This Utah fumble this made my day FAR more than any mommy blog posts/videos did, so I had to blog about it because it made me smile so much.

My favorite things about this video: 

1. Thanks to the cheering blocking out the screen, the at-home audience has no idea that he dropped the football until they pan back to the runback 
(unlike DeSean's where we all went: "uh, did he...?")

2. The skirmish for the football while the Utah dude is still celebrating. 

3. The other Utah player being TOTALLY overtaken by three Oregon guys on the runback. He didn't stand a chance, but he put up a good fight!

4. The commentator's note that Walker probably "has never run that far in his life." 
(so true!)

5. It's a football fuck-up and I love it. 

But I didn't drop a football because I was so excited to celebrate. 
And basically be the reason for my team to lose. 

So thank you, Utah, for making all of our weeks a little better.





No comments:

Post a Comment