Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Back to Work

Back to work
Ughhhhh. 


In my former job as a Big 4 Auditor, we had 25 PTO (Vacation) days and everyone took off the last 2 weeks of December (sometimes 3 weeks... sometimes the entire month!). 
This was also the time pre-children where PTO days meant sleeping in till 11, getting brunch at the local diner, and watching bowl games on the couch for the rest of the day. 
Sigh.
Such was the life!


Now, I'm relegated to the corporate world of 15 PTO days (ugh) and have spent the majority of them on family vacations or child-out-of-daycare-sicknesses. 

So here I am, back to work before New Year's Eve. 
Bah humbug. 


Pros: Back to a schedule. 
Despite my love of lazy days, 
eventually my inner Type A personality wants some form of a schedule back. 


Cons: Once out of schedule, it's hard to get back in. 
Thanks to holiday events, Aaron has gone to bed around 9pm (2 hours past his bedtime!), which mean he sleeps in, which mean we sleep in.  Therefore, getting up at 6:30am this morning was brutal. BRUTAL.
Plus, after 5 days of fun, toys, and excess food, Aaron did NOT want to go back to daycare. 
I don't blame him one bit. 


Pros: Back to a healthy diet. 
 I only gained 2 lbs this Christmas. 
That may be a record low. 
And to be honest, I don't even know how I did it. 
Because I ate and drank a ton, and did very little running. 
But I'm not complaining!  Not one bit! 


Cons: Leftover coworker Christmas cookies.
I should just barricade the kitchenette with caution tape.


Pros: No one important is here. 
No time sensitive work or last second requests. 
Aka: no real thinking required. 


Cons: No one fun is here. 
The stop-by-my-office-and-gab-for-30-minute coworkers aren't here. 
Boo.


And in case you were waiting for there to be a point to this post. 
There isn't. 
Just the tired ramblings of a disgruntled person. 


I decided to cheer up my grumpy self by taking a long lunch at the mall, 
which was a MADHOUSE of skinny tween shoppers. 

I scored big on some beautiful Christmas cards and Hanukkah wrapping paper from Papyrus (because finding non-tacky Hanukkah wrap is impossible). 

I then browsed Banana Republic and J. Crew for some NYE wear. 
And you know what I learned? 

I can't shop for myself anymore. 
I've become so reliant on StitchFix that I can't evaluate clothes on hangers anymore.
 I take 10 clothes into the dressing room and they all look ridiculous. 

Truthfully, I've never learned to shop for my postpartum body 
(wider hips, flabby gut, thicker thighs, etc). 
And since the lovely stylists at StitchFix do so well at it, 
I shouldn't even bother trying anymore.


1 comment:

  1. I could have written this post myself! Yesterday was the longest/most boring/most pointless day I've had at work in a looooong time. Thankfully we should be getting off early tomorrow due to the vacation day tomorrow, so that will help!

    Also, I've been thinking about trying StitchFix but I'm too much of a wimp to do it... do you mind me asking how much it costs? Do you only pay if you keep the items or is there also a monthly fee or what?

    ReplyDelete