Monday, January 19, 2015

2015 Goals

I am almost three weeks late to the party on this one. 
But if you know anything about me, 
I'm either obnoxiously on top of it (like my Christmas recaps) 
or ridiculously late to the party. 


I was checking out the new-to-me blog Three Little Crowns and 
saw this really cute post on their 2015 Goals


I'm not crazy about resolutions 
(my resolution is the same since college: lose weight) 
but this was too cute to pass up. 

A bad habit I’m going to break: 
My first thought: "I don't have bad habits!" 
(I am such a asshole.)
I have plenty of bad habits, 
but not the will power (or care-power) to break them. 
So I'm going to start simple here: 
Staying up too late. 
This sounds like a toddler goal. 
But really, especially on the nights Adam works late
I stay up WAY too late. 



A destination I’d like to visit: 
Napa Valley. 
My "wish list" answer would be Italy (again), 
but let's face it, having a child now limits us to the US. 


I’m going to work harder at: 
Putting down my damn phone.
I'm such a list person that I clutch my phone with me just in case I'm think of something I "absolutely-must-add-to-a-list" (life-and-death-style). 
But in those few hours between work and bed, 
I think it would benefit me as a MOMMY to put down the damn phone. 
And carry a post-it pad if I really HAVE to have that list reminder.


A project I’d like to finish: 
Creating a Toy Rotation Location. 
I have the spot picked out in our basement, 
and all I need is for spring to come so I can Craiglist our bikes. 
Then buy some IKEA shelving and it's GO TIME!


A class I’d like to take: 
Cooking. 
I've wanted to take cooking classes for AGES. 
But unfortunately with Adam's Law Firm World schedule, 
this would require a babysitter. 


I’d like to spend more time doing: 
Reading. 
I don't read often enough. 
And I think it would benefit me greatly to spend less time rushing around trying to get stuff done before bed, and more time settled down and reading. 
This also ties in well to my bad habit of staying up too late.


A food I want to eat more of: 
Fruit. 
Fruit is so easy and portable,
and yet I always turn to some carb or dairy substitute for a snack. 
Even though fruit satisfies for so much longer.



I want to wear more: 
 Dresses. 
I am such a trousers-and-sweater (work) 
or jeans-and-tee (casual) person.
I want to open up my closet to the world of dresses. 
Not just wear-to-wedding dresses, 
but casual dresses that I can wear all the time. 


Books I’d Like To Read in 2015: 
 I'm going to cheat and just list the books on my reading list at the Library: 
"Gone Girl", 
"Dad is Fat" by Jim Gaffigan, 
and "Yes Please" by Amy Poehler 


So there you have it. 
Almost three weeks late to the party!


No comments:

Post a Comment