Thursday, January 29, 2015

I Know My Rank

Aaron is a Mama's boy through and through. 
He may allow Daddy to read him books, 
or grudgingly accept that Daddy is carrying him out to the car, 
but Mama is the be-all-end-all to his world. 
Generally speaking, I love it.
Although sometimes it'd be nice to cook dinner without him underfoot, 
but with his improved involvement, it's getting better. 


Once in a blue moon, I am superseded by some other important object. 
Like a flashlight. 


Adam had a dentist appointment in the morning so I was on daycare-drop-off. 
Daycare drop-off always messes with my morning schedule
plus Aaron is 10x as clingy when I drop him off as opposed to Daddy. 
So needless to say, I was a tad nervous. 


We get to daycare, 
and Teacher #1 is reading books while Teacher #2 is changing a diaper. 
I get a little anxious, since Adam always hands off Aaron and I know that Aaron won't leave Mommy by himself.  Right?


Well, then one child pulls out a flashlight from a toy box. 

Aaron points: "FLAH-LIGHT!" 

Me: "Do you want to play with the flashlight?" 

Aaron scampers down out of my arms. 

"Aaron," I call after him, "Say bye to Mommy!" 

He waves over his shoulder, not even turning around, "Bye Mama!" 


So that's it. 
That's my ranking. 


1. Flashlight. 
2. Mama.


1 comment:

  1. Ha, I can totally see the appeal- you might have carried him in your womb for 9 months, but a flashlight creates light at the click of a button. How could you compete with that?!

    ReplyDelete