Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Nervous energy

I write this from my phone at 3am, hence the departure from my usual formatting.

Aaron gets ear tubes tomorrow (technically today, as it is 3am). I fully acknowledge that this is one of the most routine surgeries in the history of medicine, but the anesthesia still scares me. 

I must be giving off MAJOR nervous energy vibes as Aaron has woken up TWICE in the middle of the night. We aren't telling him about it ("we go visit the doctor") until tomorrow morning but it's like he knows anyway. 

Bedtime was 7:15. He woke up again at 9 but I was able to get him back to sleep quickly. Then he woke up at 1:30am and insisted that "mama sit." Well, nearly 1.5 hours later, here I still am. Every time I try to sneak out, he wakes up and asks "mama?" in this super sweet voice.  I can't bear to let him cry. So here I sit at 3am, with my blanket and my pillow. Probably giving off even more nervous energy by simply being in the room. Whatever. If I want to be with my little [non] sleeping angel, I will. 



1 comment:

  1. Praying for a quick and successful procedure and peace for mama and daddy!

    ReplyDelete