Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Tribute to My Mother

Today is Mother's Day 
and while it's now "my day" as a mother, 
I want to pay a tiny tribute to my mother. 

 
My biological mother Mommy Cheryl died when I was 6 mo old 
(I wrote more about that here). 
My mom met my dad when I was 2, 
and they got married shortly after I turned 4. 


My mom dove head-first into the role of being my mother. 
She built a phenomenal relationship with my biological mother's family.
I have two little sisters who are technically half sisters, 
but I never once felt as though they were anything but full blood. 


My mom taught me a lot. 
A LOT. 
We butted heads tremendously, 
of course, 
but I learned a lot
She wasn't afraid to share life lessons with me, 
and I think many of my better decisions in life were guided by those life lessons. 


There's so much more I could say, 
But for now,
I just want to say thank you to my mom,

because she didn't have to do it,
she could have been a "step mom"

...but she chose to be my mom.
And that means everything.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet tribute and I can only imagine what a hard role that would be to step into... I'm thankful for you that she did so you had someone to call "mom" while you were growing up!

    ReplyDelete