Monday, May 18, 2015

Highlights of Another Low Key Weekend

This weekend was so low key that it's not even worth assembling a blog post about it. 
... Except that won't stop me. 

This was our first weekend since Potty Training (April 3-5th), 
where we actually had ZERO PLANS for a full 24 hours. 
I love me some plans, 
but I also love me some free time to do whatever the hell we want. 


SATURDAY: 

5 mile run at Valley Forge. 
A bit on the slow side, but overall felt good. 


Stopped by my sister's fundraising car wash 
to support her "gap year" in the Dominican Republic 


Saw Pitch Perfect 2 with some girlfriends. 
I agreed to see #2 before ever having seen #1. 
We DVR'ed it last weekend
and even Adam admitted it was pretty funny. 

(That rare moment we remember to take a group photo)


Played mini golf
And Aaron did awesome [again]. 
PGA Tour here we come!


Fell asleep at 7:30pm
After Aaron went to bed, 
Adam went back out to the driving range, 
and I crashed on the couch with NyQuil and a glass of wine, 
hoping that the combination would be 
(a) non-lethal and 
(b) cure the pounding congestion headache I had.
Good news, it did both!


SUNDAY:

Aaron woke up asking to go to Target
And who are we to refuse him?


After, we broke out the water table
and grilled steaks with Onion Blue Cheese Sauce



During naptime, closet cleanse!
I tried on every article in my closet 
and put away those that were too big/wrong season. 
(Cleansing my closet is, by far, one of my favorite activities ever. 
Because I'm an enormous organizing nerd.)


 Post-nap, we headed to KOP Mall for Adam to buy new golf clubs. 
Then went to Golf Galaxy for them to adjust the golf clubs, 
and ended up spending an hour + in the store as there was a long wait.
I had flashbacks to my dad dragging me to Sears Hardware as a child, 
and being bored for what seemed like hours (and was probably 10 minutes). 
On the contrary, my child thought Golf Galaxy was the greatest store ever, 
and I-the-parent was bored out of my mind. 


Adam "rewarded" my patience with promising any dinner of my choice, 
and I picked frozen yogurt
So our dinner was frozen yogurt with M&Ms (Aaron's choice)
 and Peanut Butter cups (my choice). 
It was delicious and I have zero regrets. 



And now I'm back to work, 
with that same congestion-pounding headache. 
I've never had allergies and I don't think I'm developing them, 
but what the hell is this????









1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you didn't die, so props on that. And also, it sounds like your weekend could have been summed up with this: "Golf... and stuff." You're a better wife than I, although yes, the putt putt does sound fun!

    And now I want to eat some frozen yogurt- peanut butter cups & chocolate chip cookie dough are my toppings of choice! Wouldn't want to ruin it with something healthy like fruit, obviously!

    ReplyDelete