Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Stuff Collector

I am a Collector. 
Not necessarily a hoarder, 
but if there is a collection, 
I must have EVERY PIECE


I learned reading "Nurture by Nature" 
that my ESFJ tendency includes an extra obsession
 with collecting all the items in a set
I can TOTALLY see that throughout my lifetime. 
I. Must. Get. Every. One. 


Overtime this has evolved from my childhood obsessions 
like Polly Pockets and Littlest Petshops 
to "grown-up" toys such as... 


Wrapping Paper 




I love wrapping paper. 
I love wrapping paper to fit the occasion, the gift, and the receiver. 
You will NEVER catch me wrapping a birthday present in Christmas paper. 
Or a Hanukkah gift in Christmas paper. 
I see differences between "manly" wrapping paper (plaid/stripes) 
and "feminine" wrapping paper. 
In February I saw pink hearts wrapping paper at Target 
and OH MY HOW I MUST HAVE IT. 
But reallllly, how often do I wrap valentine's day gifts? 

Instead, I got a heart-shaped plastic plate... 
and now I want a plastic plate for every holiday. 
Sigh. 


Cookie Cutters



 Every holiday has its own cookie cutter. 
Every EVENT needs it own cookie cutter. 
Do you know how often I bake cookies? 
Once a year at Christmas and maybe one other rare occassion, 
such as Adam's law school graduation. 



Children's Book Series. 

Sandra Boynton. Karen Katz. Little Blue Truck. 
All of these I desperately wanted every single one
 While this provided ample selections of reading material, 
it also means we're totally overloaded with books 
at a very early point in our parenting career.


Thomas the Train 
I seriously want every. single. train. 


Little People 
I want the castle. 
And the barn. 
And the school. 
And the nativity. 
And and and and... 


Le Creuset and All-Clad Cookware 
I bought my first Dutch Oven in Jan '13, 
and have since added two frying pans. 
I received my first All-Clad this past Christmas
If I admitted how much time I've spent on Williams Sonoma 
dreaming up the remaining pieces of my kitchen... 
you'd be embarrassed you knew me 
(you may already be embarrassed you know me, that's okay too)


There's more, 
but that's all I'm willing to admit to just yet. 






1 comment:

  1. Ha this actually surprises me to learn about you because you seem so disciplined about de-cluttering on a regular basis- I just assumed you didn't have much "stuff" to begin with!

    ReplyDelete