Friday, July 24, 2015

Ramblings

This post has no organization, theme, or thought process. 
This is just my Friday ramblings. 
You may commence your yawning now


1. Just in case you've been living under a rock, 
Nordstrom's anniversary sale is going on
So far I've limited myself to stocking up on Zella leggings, 
although I stock with boring basics like black capris 
and black terra long
But this sale needs to hurry up and end before I keep buying more.



2.Daily Mail put out an interactive map on what states tweet about
(First of all, who still tweets?  Isn't it all IG now?) 
Food and "activites" 
which is essentially "calories in" and "calories out" (haHA)


I was very proud of my home state of New York: 
"Apples" and "running."
Although I suspect the apple is from the "Big Apple" phrase, 
which no one from NY actually says... EVER. 

Pennsylvania is a bit more pathetic with
"Cheese" (probably cheesesteaks) 
and "watching a movie" 
LAME! 

I thoroughly appreciated that 8 southern states listed "eating" as their "activity." 

And I also appreciated that NJ's "activity" was "getting my nails done." 
So true.



3. I've started this strange obsession with mashed cauliflower

1 head of cauliflower, cut up and steamed 
1 Tbs butter 
4 Tbs half-and-half
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan 
(and by "freshly grated", I mean Wegmans grated it for me) 
1 tsp garlic salt 
1 tsp jarred minced garlic 
(or I could chop my own, but why dirty a knife?)
sprinkle of pepper

Throw all in food processor, 
and then sit there eating it with a spoon out of the food processor. 
Eventually packing up the rest to reheat at work for the next few days. 



4. Just in case you question my status as ULTIMATE NERD
let me assure you that I hold the title fair and square

By creating a spreadsheet of my favorite salads, 
by time of year the fruit/veggies are in season


I don't even care if you judge me. 

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha, Texas = donuts & eating!!

    And apparently my blog post title today was wrong and I DO live under a rock, because I had no idea about this sale... probably because the only place I've been shopping lately is TARGET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm am definitely going to try that cauliflower when it starts appearing in our CSA because that sounds delicious! Also, I am (more than) slightly envious of your salad spreadsheet :)

    ReplyDelete