Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Week 6: Someone Who Does Not Live in your Country

Week 6 in the 30 Week Writing Challenge

Someone Who Does Not Live in your Country 

I dedicate this one to my BFF Amanda. 
We met in middle school at youth group. 
And I can't remember a time that we weren't best friends. 



We went to different high schools, 
but saw each other every Tuesday and Sunday at youth group / church. 


Amanda is the nicest person I've ever met. 
Everyone I've ever met absolutely loves her. 


She has a lot of passion, 
and she followed her passion to Kenya several years ago 
for photo-journalism. 
My sister and I visited her when I was 8 weeks pregnant. 
She came back to the US for a year, 
and has since returned to Kenya. 



We don't talk often. 
Sometimes we can go months without talking. 
And sometimes 1-2 years without seeing each other. 
But when we are together, 
it's like we were never apart. 
  
There's something to having deep-seeded history with someone. 
Someone who knew your high school boyfriends, 
and all the bad decisions that came along with them.  
Someone who was there from dating to engagement to the wedding. 
The kind of person that knows your family inside out. 

I wish her all the best in Kenya, 
but I also can't wait until she comes back!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great friend, but with a name like Amanda, how could she not be?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a whole post ready to go, except for the pictures, but this makes me want to write about my friend Carla who moved to Kenya (permanently) last summer. I love this!

    ReplyDelete