Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Week 8: Five Bucket List Items

Week 8 in the 30 Week Writing Challenge
Five Things from your Bucket List 


I only have one true remaining Bucket List item 
(now that I can check mark "being a mom")

1. Run a marathon
I was never athletic, 
but I can run. 
Not fast, by any means. 
But I can run distance. 

I trained for a marathon in 2010, 
and got to 16 miles before knee trouble with inflammation and scar tissue. 
I was in the best shape of my life (a size 2!) 
and felt amazing. 

I don't know when I'll have time to train again. 
Weekend marathon training sessions can take up to 3-4 hours of the weekend, 
which is a pretty big commitment with a little man and a husband in Big Law Firm.


Around the peak of my marathon training, super skinny me


Other than that, 
my other bucket list items fall into "cool experiences" but not necessarily life goals: 


2. Attend Kentucky Derby 
Big hats!


3. Attend Comic Con
I have no comic passions, 
but I love people watching and costumes 
and oh my this would be awesome. 


4. Attend a big NASCAR race
Again, zero interest (or knowledge!) about NASCAR. 
This is just for people watching 
and some great stories of redneck brawls 
(stereotype much?).


5. Attend the Super Bowl
Pretty cliche. 
Adam has stated he won't go to a Super Bowl if the Eagles play
 because he'd be "too nervous to enjoy the events" 
So we gotta go when some nobodies are playing. 
Like the Jaguars vs Buccaneers. 
Yawn. 

2 comments:

  1. I like this list because they are all achievable and not super far-fetched! Props to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running a marathon was on my bucket list before I started training for a 5K and realized I HATE RUNNING. But a part of me still wants to run a marathon :)

    ReplyDelete