Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Week 13: Someone you've always wanted to meet

Week 13 in the 30 Week Writing Challenge

Someone you've always wanted to meet


I've always wanted to meet my biological mother
who died when I was 6 months old from cancer. 




I'm very lucky that I am surrounded by people who like to talk about her. 
Growing up, my grandmother talked about her all the time. 
My dad would tell funny stories about camping with my Mommy Cheryl. 
And my mom would pass along whatever she's heard along the way, 
from aunts or friends.


Thing I know about her


She was one of the nicest people ever


She always lit up the room when she walked in. 


She had thunder thighs 
(Thanks for passing those along!)


Despite that, she had fantastic self-esteem. 
My aunt overheard her saying: 
"I don't understand why everyone hates themselves, 
I love myself" 


She really got along with everyone, 
even people who were hard to get along with.


A highschool friend once told me:
"She was such a fun person, 
and we never understand why she went for your dad, 
an awkward guy with a pocket protector" 



I would love to meet her, 
and as her grave stone says, 
"Until We Meet Again"




2 comments:

  1. I love this, and what a perfect topic for you! And that's great that there are so many people in your life that did know her so that you could get to know her through them... I'm sure that makes her smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so perfect Emily. I'm glad you have two mommys looking out for you.

    ReplyDelete