Tuesday, December 15, 2015

23 Weeks

 23 Weeks Preggo! 


Baby Size
Grapefruit


Total Weight Gain
10 lbs 
(-4 from Aaron - woohoo!)


Sleep
Decent. 
No horrible insomnia nights this week. 


Cravings
Vegetables. 
I could eat cooked carrots all day long.


Symptoms of the Week
I'm pleased to say the back pain wasn't too bad this week. 
Perhaps yoga helped?


What I miss
Regular clothing. 
I am already at the "I hate everything in my wardrobe" state. 
I bought a new sweater dress for holiday parties, 
but then it was like 72 degrees 
and I was sweating my ass off. 
I'm loving this record-setting warm December, 
but it's becoming quite problematic since I have ZERO summer maternity clothes. 


Still Running?
 Yup, 3.4 and 3.6 this week. 
So still an average of 3.5 miles. 

Excited for
THIS IS MY LAST FULL WORKWEEK FOR THE YEAR! 
I had a luxurious Mama's Day Off last Friday, 
and next week I have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to myself. 
Cue the hallelujah chorus! 
After Christmas I go back to work but only for 3 days. 
Whew.


General Mood:
Good. 

I feel like I'm getting bigger by the second. 
And I'm increasingly nervous that this baby is going to clock in at another hefty 10 pounder, 
meaning a scheduled c-section for me. 
(But we will find out at 38 weeks - more details on that here!) 

To be the honest, the thought of a scheduled c-section scares me. 
I have no fear of natural birth. 
And I didn't have any problems accepting the c-section with Aaron, 
but the idea of scheduling it just fills me with dread.

I had a the world's EASIEST c-section recovery with Aaron. 
I can't fathom I'll get so lucky again. 

Btw, I think my ass looks enormous in this picture. 
Like as big as my belly. 
 

23 Weeks with Aaron here.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for the extra time off! No doubt you need the rest. I am taking some time off but the twins will be home for all of it, so I don't anticipate much rest will be involved :o/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! There's only one more day of work left this week. Whoo hoo! And I'm glad to hear that week 23 was a good one.

    ReplyDelete