Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Week 26: Something You Could Never Tire of Doing

Week 26 in the 30 Week Writing Challenge

Something you could never get tired of doing 


Does eating count? 
Kidding. 
Or not. 

Anyway... 
For this I have to say ORGANIZING

I love 
love 
LOVE 
to organize. 


Tackling a new space and organizing it 
gives me butterflies that I cannot explain. 


The absolute thrill of taking something that's a total mess, 
sorting, 
purging, 
and rearranging 
is the greatest therapy for me. 
An absolute bad-day-fixer in a moment.  


Our basement storage areas are constant disasters. 
And periodically I'll tackle them (example here), 
but I also appreciate quick project likes my freezer here: 



Our office has "clean out day" every Earth Day, 
and its my favorite day of the year. 
My coworkers think I'm crazy. 
I love sorting through old boxes, 
shredding unimportant papers and sending the rest of Iron Mountain for archiving. 


When I see people's disorganized rooms, 
I secretly wish they'd invite me over to organize. 
Closets are my favorite, 
but I'll take kitchens, 
basements, 
whatever. 


My parents have acquired a fair amount of "stuff' over time, 
and while my sisters and I spent some time in January purging their basement, 
I would LOVE to have at my parents' kitchen 
and get rid of 30-year-old tupperware that is long past it's prime. 


Seriously, if anyone wants to invite me over to organize, 
I am ALL THERE! 
I'll even bring food!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, do I hear you on this one. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who secretly longs to organize my friends' houses! Sometimes they even ask me to help and I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on this! I am also so with you on eating. And I still so have no idea what I want to write my post about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll never forget all the spices at your moms house . . . Rosemary, Crushed Rosemary, Ground Rosemary, Rosemary Sprigs . . . so - many - spices!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I have a walk in closet that you can have at! Also about 2 tons of preschool toys/learning games/books/art supplies . . . Oh my . . . This is the problem with teaching. It requires you to own so much stuff but doesn't allow you any free time to organize it!! I will never achieve my life goal of living in a tiny house because of my profession.

    ReplyDelete