Wednesday, March 16, 2016

36 Weeks - 9 months!

36 Weeks - FINALLY NINE MONTHS! 


Monday night I went to the grocery store, 
and the woman in front of me in line asked when I was due. 
I replied with a smile: "A month!" 
She replied in a total monotone: "Oh." 
 
Wait, what does "oh" mean? 
Does "oh" mean I should be due tomorrow? 
PLEASE EXPLAIN OH. 
 
Had I not been distracted by my noisy toddler, 
I may have inquired as to the OH. 
Instead, I'm still thinking about it 2 days later. 
What exactly is "oh"?!?!

Baby Size
Honeydew. 
One of my favorite fruits when fully ripe, 
but generally places serve it crunchy and unripe. 
Gross.


Total Weight Gain
24.5 lbs 
Flat week-on-week 

(-10.5 lbs less than with Aaron) 


Sleep
HAHAHA, what's that?


Cravings
Sausage & cheese english muffin sandwiches. 


Symptoms of the Week
Insomina. 
Braxton hicks. 
Middle-of-the-night cramps.
Really weird vivid dreams.  
Incessant hunger at random times (like 2am). 


Movement
Crazy movement. 
Particularly painful when he head-butts my bladder. 
"Oh, I don't need to pee." 
[3.5 seconds later] 
"OMG I HAVE TO PEE RIGHT NOW!"


Still Running?
Barely yes. 
Run one song, walk a song, run a song, walk a song, 
etc. 
My routes are 1.2-1.7 miles, 
and about 0.5-0.75 of that is actually running. 
Excited for
Aaron's birthday party this weekend! 
He turns THREE on the 23rd (Wednesday) 
so we opted to have his party this Sunday. 
I do low-key birthday parties. 
Family and friends at home, 
with subs, chicken fingers, cake, balloons, and presents. 
No clever themes. 
No rented out play spaces. 
I'm sure that time will come, but just not now. 


General Mood
 I'm feeling surprisingly good these days. 
It's as though my body has adjusted to the insomnia. 
Insomnia is still there, but I'm no longer exhausted all day. 
I feel much better than my first pregnancy. 
I'm more active, more flexible, and more productive. 
I don't feel as much like a fat whale on a beach. 
So yes, overall good.  


36 weeks with Aaron here 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling good and STILL impressed that you're even attempting to run at all. I fully expect to hear about you going for a jog while you're recovering at the hospital post-partum :)

    ReplyDelete