Tuesday, April 12, 2016

40 Weeks

40 Weeks. 
10 Months. 
Feels like 10 years. 
I can't remember NOT being pregnant. 
I can't remember the last time I could casually pop a beer on a Sunday afternoon. 
Sigh.


Doctor Appt - 39 Weeks
1 cm dilated
And cervix is 50% softened. 
So in short, no progress. 
But GOOD NEWS: 
I HAVE AN END DATE! 
April 19th will be my schedule C-section. 
That gives me one week past my due date to go into labor on my own and attempt VBAC. 
If after a week, my body still hasn't decided to evict this human, 
I think I'll be ready for the C. 



Baby Size
Jackfruit 
(wtf?)


Total Weight Gain
29.5 lbs 
(1.5 lbs week-on-week gain)

(-10.5 lbs with Aaron)


Sleep
Pretty good actually. 
Only one insomnia night this week. 
But my wakeup time has moved from 5:30am to 5am. 
Weird. 


Cravings
Lemonade-flavored coconut water. 
Please someone find this in an IV form. 


Symptoms of the Week
Super swollen feet. 
Tingly and itchy extremities. 
Minor Braxton Hicks. 


Movement
His little feet like to stick on the side and just hang out there. 
Like a stick permanently poking me. 


Still Running?
  Nope! 
I finally gave it up. 
Went for a run and there was so much pain I couldn't make it more than a driveway length. 
A friend told me her doc said she should be walking an hour a day at 40 weeks, 
so now I just commit to lots and lots of walking. 
We used to stop by the park on our way home from daycare, 
but now I go home, load Aaron up in his mini car, and push him there and back. 


Excited for
My Last Supper. 
Since I can't eat after midnight before my C, 
we are going to Maggianos and I'm ordering everything I've ever wanted.
I will eat and drink until 11:59pm. 
At that point, I should be stuffed to overflowing 
and be well prepared for a day of starvation on April 19th. 



General Mood
How to describe the feelings of a 10 month pregnant person? 

On one hand, I still feel physically pretty good. 
By now with Aaron, I was plagued with horrible backaches and headaches. 
I assume my lower weight gain, healthier food, and more active lifestyle are the reasons I do not feel such horrible ailments this time. 

On the other hand, I am so mentally done I cannot describe it. 
I am done with the "you're still here?!" questions. 
I am done with the "you're about to pop!" comments. 
I. just. want. it. to. be. over. already.






40 Weeks with Aaron here

2 comments:

  1. The good news is that the end is very much in sight (though your feet may not be)! Other fun facts: I also had Italian food the night before my C-section, and I definitely had the tingly hands/fingers thing going on... pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel, or something to that effect. So strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still want an IV of lemonade flavour, coconut water??? I had the weird nursing cravings too -- Veggie Straws were a constant with Rachel.

    ReplyDelete